Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Pine Valley Week



This past week was another great one here is St. George. My Grandpa built a new cabin in Pine Valley, so I was out there quite a bit. To the left you'll get little taste of what Pine Valley is all about. I've basically decided that I want to live in Pine Valley for the rest of my life because it is SO GORGEOUS! I absolutely love it, and it's only about 45 minutes away. Friday night there was a thing called "Battle of the Sexes" at the college. Basically, its a big competition, boys against girls, where you do crazy things like see who can sit on a block of ice for the longest, or find the oreo in a sea of peanut butter...with your MOUTH! Even though the boys won, (BOOO!) it was still a blast. Saturday I went to a service project for the SHE club. Did I mention that I'm in the SHE club? Well I am...and its awesome. :) There is a medical help center here in town that badly needed a new paint job. On Saturday morning 12 other SHE's and myself painted about 18 rooms in the help center and many hallways. Even though my arms were pretty sore afterward, it was SO worth it. Service always makes me feel good about life. I had a math test this week that I was pretty nervous about. Math has never been my favorite subject but I actually did really well on it! I think its because my teacher is hilarious and for once in my life I don't dread going to math each day. Below is a picture of some of the SHE's and I after the Battle of the Sexes!

1 comment:

Laura Edwards said...

Yay for your blog! I am excited to read it from time to time and get an update on your college life. I am so glad that we got to see you in Pine Valley! Hopefully we'll get to see more of you when we come down and visit.