Sunday, September 16, 2007

Time FLIES!

Alright, so I update this blog thing weekly right? I updated it last Sunday right? It's already Sunday again??? Time FLIES! This week was another busy one for me. I had a couple tests, LOTS of studying, and of course you have to add the social aspect of life. All in all it was a great week. I went home for the weekend (to Kanab) because a friend of mine had his mission farewell, it was homecoming, there was a wedding reception, and all my old friends were coming home too. It was so good seeing everyone again, but definitely weird staying in the "guest bedroom." It was my Mom's birthday weekend, and my siblings and I got her a very special gift. There was a ring at the place I worked at all summer that my mom had her eye on. She came in to look at it about a billion times, and told me "I've been looking for a ring exactly like that for the past ten years." but she never bought it. One day I came home from work and she asked me if it was still there. "It's gone!" I told her, and she was absolutely devastated. What she didn't know was that my siblings and I decided to go in and buy it for her for her birthday. Since the time we bought the ring, (about two months ago) my mom said more than once how much she wished she would've just gotten the ring herself. When we gave her the ring you could only imagine how surprised she was! The look on her face was absolutely priceless, and I managed to snap a picture of it! haha

1 comment:

Laura Edwards said...

Oh thats is so cool! I LOVE your mom! Tell her Happy Birthday from me! P.S. I love her taste in jewlery- I bet the ring was so cool!