Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Homecoming Week

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to announce that this was possibly one of the best homecoming weeks EVER. There is waaaay too much that went on to cover it all, so I’ll just write about my favorite events.

POWDER PUFF FOOTBALL

Just look at that football team, check us out! No wonder we won, right?
The game was awesome. We ended up winning 20-0. Aaah, victory is bliss. I’ve always kinda liked to watch football, but I loooove to play it. I discovered that I like to hit people. Don’t believe me? Check out these pics...



Yeah you better believe that this offensive line didn’t let anybody by!
Here is another picture of some of us with our B-A trophy. :)


ROCK THE MALL

Rock the mall is where all the different clubs and organizations on campus sing the school song in different, crazy ways. This year the ambassadors sang the school song as pirates. Needless to say, we did an awesome job, and apparently the judges thought so too, because we won!! We were taken out to lunch at the pasta factory, and during the drawing, I won two free sandwiches and a free manicure!! Yay for me!

PARADE


Despite the chilly weather and 8:00 am line up time on a Saturday morning, the parade was great. We decided to stick with our pirate theme, so we made our float a pirate ship! It was fun, we got really into some of the pictures as you can tell...
These are the craziest pirates at the parade...just go ahead and call me Mrs. Smarrow. :)



Classic looking off into the distance...towards where we sail. :)

Nick had no idea we were about to chop his legs off. Seriously.

Julie and Maddie have been bad, so Nick and I decided they needed to be punished.


AND THEY TURNED ON ME!!!

Haha yeah...we were there a little TOO early and needed a way to kill time. A pirate photo shoot seemed to work quite well. :)

THE GAME

We WON!! It was a really good game, and the weather waited until after the game to decide to rain, so it was perfect. Here is a pic of some of us wearing our sweet T-shirts we made the night before at 3:00 am. The "g" in "Go Dixie" hadn't arrived yet... but you get the idea. :)

3 comments:

Coopercomics said...

It looks like you had an awesome time..not that i am jealous or anything...ok. I am. You have sooooo much fun. Good thing that I love ya, or else I would do the "freaky Friday" thing and make you switch lives with me..forever! NOOOOOOO. :)

Nicole said...

I love Homecoming week at Dixie! Ahh,the good 'ol days...

Amanda P. said...

Darling pictures! I wish I was more involved in the school functions when I was there. Seriously all I remember is working out, taking a shower, working out, taking a shower. That's all I did.