Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Meal Shakes

A couple weeks ago Savy and I went to an All Time Low concert in Las Vegas and it was AWESOME. They were waaaay good, and I might have fallen completely in love with the base guitarist.

As I watched them play I found myself thinking things like, “I could live a rock star life style. So what if I’m LDS and he’s probably wild and crazy…we could make it work. Listen to that voice, he could totally serenade me to sleep every night….mmmmmmm” Once when he was standing on an amp jamming, he looked at me, and it was basically love at first sight. Not kidding. Wow. My heart is all fluttery right now just thinking about it!


Who wouldn’t love that face!? Not to mention the bod…. :) The Maine, Mayday Parade, and Every Avenue were the other bands there so it was all in all an awesome night. We fought ourselves up to the front right in the middle, and after the concert I got my picture taken with the lead guitarist from Mayday Parade! Check it out. I’m pretty sure he loves me. Something about a guy who is musically inclined just makes me melt!

This weekend was the Rebel Retreat and it was saweeet. There were about 30 high school kids from all over who came to experience the life of a Dixie College student. We had dinner, a huge bonfire, and battle of the sexes. I am proud to say that the GIRLS WON THIS YEAR!!! Wooooo baby! There were different competitions such as ice cream eating, jump roping, hand stands, ice block sitting, sprite chugging, and my personal favorite…


eating a HAPPY MEAL SHAKE. Disgusting, I know. They blended a hamburger, fries, and sprite together and made people eat it. I’m surprised no one threw up. We stayed the night in the gym, and played basketball, volleyball, rock band, pool, and ping pong all night.
There are two more rebel retreats this year on Jan 9th-10th and Feb 20th-21st. That means any of you prospective DSC students should go to our website at www.dixie.edu and sign up!

2 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Savy has been going on and on about that concert. Sounds like you guys had a fun time!! Twilight is coming woooohooo

Coopercomics said...

That shake sounds awful!! I got the chills just reading about it. We miss you!