Tuesday, November 25, 2008

High School Kids, Vampires, and Old Fogies

This week started off with a bang with our Career fair! I was in charge of it so needless to say….I’m glad it’s over. There were about twenty different high school senior classes that came to Dixie to check out different career options. OF COURSE I was in charge of the assembly and OF COURSE I had a cold so OF COURSE I sounded like an IDIOT over the mic trying to talk to everyone. Oh well, it all turned out really well. I am just glad that I had the help of 40 ambassadors and the career center department. You guys rock!

Next we had our ambassador old fogie bingo party. Basically, we all dressed up like old folks and partied like rock stars. It was way fun. Here are some pictures of the event.

Then came the best night of my life…TWILIGHT!! There are no words to really describe my love for Edward, so I’ll just leave you with this picture of my sisters and I in our awesome shirts. Thanks to Savy for making them.

On the front they say “I love Edward Cullen” on the arm they say “Runs with vampires” on the other arm they had our names, and on the back they say “Jacob sucks!” mwahahaha Yes, we are cool, and yes, we know it. :)
It is officially Thanksgiving break and is it SOOOO needed. I have been trying to get rid of this cold and go to school, work, ambassadors, do a bunch of papers and assignments all while acting like a regular human but it hasn't been working out too well for me. Last night I had my first migraine ever. I had no idea that someone's head was capable of hurting that badly. I just kept thinking, "If I just chop off my head, it will all go away." Yeah, it was that bad. I don't wish migraines upon ANYONE, and I have a new sympathy for anyone who experiences them on a regular basis. I locked myself in my room and layed on my bed in the complete silence and pitch blackness for about 11 hours. I layed there in a ball with my head under the covers trying not to move or cry too hard while I waited for morning to come....or death, whichever came first. UGH! NO FUN!
Thank goodness for Pilgrims. :)

2 comments:

Coopercomics said...

Yea! We are so cool that it is amazing! Your headache sounded awful....I feel your pain. We can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love ya

Amanda P. said...

i likka a lot your old fogie pictures. And I like you new background too!! Where did you get it??