Sunday, December 14, 2008

Aaah, to be Five Again

For those of you who don’t know, I am a reading tutor in the Kindergarten at East Elementary school. My job is AWESOME. I just love love LOVE the kids. They say and do some of the cutest things. Here are my two favorite conversations this semester in Kindergarten:

Every single day after recess, Vivian goes to the bathroom. The bathroom is in the back of the classroom so every day around 1:30 we all get a personal concert by Vivian starring the Disney Channel. She sings at the top of her lungs for a good five minutes or so, until someone goes to get her. It was my turn, so I went to the bathroom and knocked.
“Vivian?” I ask.
“Yeah?” she says in return.
“It’s time to come sit on the rug, are you almost done?”
“Yeah,” but within the next ten seconds, the singing begins once again.
“Vivian?” I say as I knock on the door again.
“WHAT?!”
“You need to come out and get your projects done, bathroom time is over.”
“Okaaaaaaay, I’ll COME in a MINUTE. I’m POOPING!”
Hahahaha It took all I had for me to contain my laughter.

I love when I get the chance to sit and listen to the kids’ conversations. I get to hear things like “Booya Sista!” and “My dad is stronger than your dad because…” but this was one of my favorites:
“Guess what?” said James,
“What?” said Sammy.
“I went out in the woods and got my own Christmas tree.”
(Sammy didn’t look impressed, so James went on.)
“All by myself…” said James.
(Sammy STILL wasn’t impressed.)
“And I chopped it down with a real SWORD!”
“AWESOME!” Sammy said.
I’m guessing he finally got Sammy’s approval, although I wonder what James would have said next if Sammy hadn’t been impressed!

2 comments:

Coopercomics said...

That was waaaaaayyyy funny! Kelly could so ooo be the little girl pooping. :) I am so happy that you are here!

Nicole said...

SO cute :) I hear conversations like that in my house all the time!