Thursday, December 25, 2008

Finals Week Survival Skills

For anyone attending college or about to attend college, here is some advice that will help you out with your finals. I know I know, you are very welcome. :)

I wouldn’t have been able to get through my finals week if it hadn’t been for the pre, mid, and post finals fun. With all the studying, testing, deadlines, and more studying involved in finals week, it is extremely important that you do things to take your mind COMPLETELY off school in order to maintain sanity. I think I definitely did that this semester…maybe a little TOO much. Hehe
PRE FINALS HELPER
I did a few things to prepare myself for finals before the hardcore studying came in. The first was ice skating.

With me almost falling on my face numerous times, it was hard to think about anything BUT my balance and coordination, which made it absolutely impossible to stress over the six finals I would be taking the following week. Genius, I know.
We also had an ambassador Christmas party which was a lot of fun. The white elephant gifts this year were AWESOME. We had slippers made out of…well….you can see, some of life's essentials,


(black panties and hand cuffs) and even a pet tarantula named Punjab!


My MID FINALS HELPER was a service project!

A bunch of my friends and I got the names of a couple families who needed a little help with Christmas, and we provided that help. These kids had an awesome Christmas complete with new clothes and TONS of new toys.
POST FINALS HELPER
I wouldn’t have been able to get through my last final if I hadn’t known I would be making gingerbread houses that night. It was the thought of those little gingerbread men and their desperate need for a home that got me through that torturous two hour final.

Now I bet you are all wondering, “Did Ali’s de-stressing final mechanisms work?” The answer is:
Four A’s and two B’s…you decide!

3 comments:

Jaycee Simmons said...

hey my name is Jaycee Simmons and i'm thikning about attending Dixie and i'm really interested in being an ambassador there....i'm guessing you are one?? i just wanted to know your opinions on it....and if choosing to attend Dixie is the right choice?i would greatly appreciate your comments thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaycee! Yeah I'm an ambassador here at Dixie and it's great! Seriously so much fun. I love being an ambassador because its like you have 40 immediate friends an campus and you always stay really involved. Have you had a campus tour?

Jaycee Simmons said...

I haven't yet but I'm looking forward to it. I have heard so many good things about Dixie that it gets me excited to go check it out. I'm an officer at my school already and want to continue to be a leader in college so I'm going to try going for the ambassador scholarship:)