Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Storm of Controversy

Here's a little update with whats going on with Dixie's new identity "The Red Storm." (Click on the link below)

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20090210/NEWS01/902100324&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL
Read the article, it's good!


Students here are NOT happy about the change and there was a huge protest Monday morning. I'll be keeping everyone updated with the happenings of the Red Storm.


You want my opinion? I think it's great that students here care so much about their school and that we are forming together to get our voice heard. As for the Mascot....it isn't my first choice but I honestly think it has possibilities. I like the name "Red Storm" alright, but I'm not a huge fan of the logo. Since when do bull's faces come out of tornadoes?


I would love to hear any comments, ideas, or even complaints!


P.s. A couple of my really good friends are running for Student Body President and Vice President so if anyone has any good, low budget campaign ideas, let me know!

No comments: