Monday, February 23, 2009

Put On Your D State Party Hat

Everyone’s doin it!




This weekend was our very last DSC Retreat and we definitely went out with a bang!

Yes, we might be a little insane, but it’s the Dixie spirit I tell you! In-n-Out catered our dinner, but before I get into that I must warn you- I do not like hamburgers. I think they are GROSS. I especially don’t like fast food hamburgers and have never EVER eaten a full one because I can’t make myself do it. I was feeling adventurous last Friday night (and very hungry) and I figured, “Why not give it a shot?” Interested to find out the outcome?...

I actually liked it! I didn’t LOVE it, but I ate the whole thing which was a first for me! You’re probably wondering why I’m sharing this with all of you, but it was a very monumental moment in my life.
Anyways, back to the retreat.
We all went to the “Think Pink” basketball game which supported breast cancer! Everyone got sweet pink t-shirts and we all painted our faces! It was a grand ol’ time.

We stayed up till about 4 am (and I was soooo tired the next day) just playing games and whatnot. It was so much fun! Rosie was our “Princess and the Pea” for the night.




We had some mad seewhocanslidedownthebleachersfastestonamatress contests,



And partied all night playing pool, ping pong, rock bank, the wii, basketball, watching movies and of course…eating! It was a good time. The next morning we had a little presentation on admissions and scholarships and did a raffle. I’d say this retreat was another huge success.


Anyone who’s even considering coming to a DSC retreat next year, here’s a little advice: DO IT!

1 comment:

Kaylie Jean said...

Hey im going private, so if you want to email me your email address then i can add you to my list :] my email is sawbsaw@gmail.com
-Kaylie