Monday, April 6, 2009

D Week

D Week is definitely one of the coolest weeks at Dixie State College. Pageants, painting the “D” road, a carnival, free food, whitewashing the “D”, D Dance, and of course….The Great Race.

For those of you who don’t know what The Great Race is, you should definitely come and find out next year.I almost don’t want to tell you all that goes on because I might spoil the surprise…but I can at least tell you a little. It’s a HUGE relay race that includes the entire school and community. There were around thirty teams this year, mud pit, roller blading, running, swimming, trivia, and a lot more.
This post isn’t just about D week or about the great race. It is about something much, much more important.
TRUE REBEL NIGHT

In order to become a true rebel you must kiss someone in the fountain at midnight during either a full moon, homecoming, or at the “D” Dance.
I was asked to the dance by my really good friend Kaden. He’s on the X-club so for our date we climbed up the huge D on the mountain and burned that baby! Haha here’s a picture:



We had dinner up there with a group of people and it was really fun! After that we ran home and changed into our formal attire for the dance. It was a masquerade, hence the masks on our faces.

The dance was a blast, but I won’t lie, the thought of FINALLY becoming a True Rebel was in the back of my mind the entire time. It was getting closer and closer to midnight, the moment of truth. It was my last opportunity to become a true rebel. The announcement came over the microphone that it was almost midnight, and finally, my date said the magic words.
Date: “So Ali, you wanna become a True Rebel tonight?”
Me: “Well….of course....I mean…if YOU want to become a True Rebel. *cough cough*”
So we made our way out to the fountain with a group of other pre-true rebelers.
As midnight drew nearer and anticipation grew, I couldn’t help but notice everyone pulling out their gum and chap-stick in preparation for the big moment. Have you noticed what funny things people do right before they know they’re going to kiss someone? It’s hilarious….but I’ll save that for another post.
Eh hem
Our shoes came off, and we hovered around the fountain. Cameras were out and music played. Once midnight struck you could feel the excitement in the air. We placed our feet into the fountain that would finally give us the title of a True Rebel.
I won’t go into detail about hot steamy kiss I shared with my date or how we got so into it that we actually got ALL THE WAY IN the fountain or how afterwards we decided that we might as will just hitch a ride to Vegas and get married because the bond of True Rebel night was just too strong to be broken…. (Ok, Mom TOTALLY kidding….or am I? hehe) but I will post a picture of this, my true rebel card.



Finally, I have joined the True Rebel Club, and MAN it feels good!

2 comments:

Heaton Family said...

Haha Ali you joined the club! I remember becoming a true rebel! Haha that is to funny, looks like you had a fun week! I miss it down there.. Anyway you look way cute at the dance!

Nicole said...

Shouldn't you be a true "RED STORM-ER?"

Ha ha ha