Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ride Em' Cowboy!

First things first- The Rebel Retreat last weekend was a huge success. For all of you who didn’t come, you definitely missed out. Everyone arrived on Friday night and we had dinner, went to an entertainment Dixie, had a huge bonfire with ambassadors, rebel retreaters, and college students, then went back to the College Inn to hang out and have even more fun! Below is a picture of a few ambassadors and rebel retreaters at the bonfire. Notice the fire in the background. It was HUGE.

The next day we had a presentation that told more about scholarships, admissions, and the ROTC. Then we had mechanical bull riding! I thought I would be brave enough to ride, but once I saw someone get flipped off I decided it definitely wasn’t for me. After the bull riding we took people on campus tours. For anyone who hasn’t had a campus tour… COME GET ONE! They are way fun and very informative if you’re thinking about coming here. Saturday night at the basketball games (which both boys AND girls won) there was a bull riding contest which one of the ambassadors won. GO CRAIG! Here’s a picture of the champion in action. :)

In preschool today one of the little girls told me it was time for me to get married because, “You can’t live without a husband, and you are a big girl now.” Haha The children are SO cute. I absolutely love working there.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute pics. Love the preschool kids comment - it's interesting, the way they look at things, isn't it? Zack used to think that everyone that got married immediately had a baby. Funny!

Love you sista!

Matt Madsen said...

Hey Ali~! I love reading your blog. You are such a fantastic young lady. Don't rush the marriage, you will know when it is right.
Glad you are at Dixie, like your sister and I once were.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Your job sounds fun! Where do you work??